Entry Requirements 入學資格要求
A good honours degree (2.1 or above) typically in a business-related subject. Applications from social science graduates or mature candidates with non-standard qualifications but with considerable occupational experience are also welcome.
Course Summary 課程摘要
The MSc in Marketing centres on leading edge practice in the areas of marketing strategy and communications, consumer behaviour, international marketing, e-retail, Internet marketing, customer relationships marketing and sales performance systems. It offers a specialist focus on marketing compared to a more general MSc in management subjects. It is a learning and development programme suitable for those wanting to become professional marketers with expertise and a qualification that supports rapid and sound career progress in this field.
Course Aims 課程目標
Jobs in marketing, marketing research and communications and customer relationships management are attractive and in much demand across commercial and non-commercial sectors within national and international organisations. Employers want new entrants to have a critical understanding of the competitive and customer-oriented demands of their business, its product and service operations, marketing processes and resources. They want creative, procedural and critical marketing expertise to generate, implement and evaluate programmes that satisfy customer requirements.
Course Details 課程介紹
The MSc in Marketing centres on leading edge practice in the areas of e-Retail, Internet Marketing, Customer Relationships Marketing and Sales Performance Systems. It offers a specialist focus on marketing compared to a more general MSc in management subjects. It is a learning and development programme suitable for:
· those wanting to become professional marketers with expertise and a qualification that supports rapid and sound career progress in this field.
· those who have experienced some employment in this field and possess a working knowledge of marketing but as yet no formal qualification. The MSc in Marketing will enable you to progress your career in this specialist area.
On completion of the MSc you should have an advanced and applied understanding of:
· marketing concepts, theory and processes and the resourcing of marketing operations with ability to develop proposals and programmes.
· business management and marketing including corporate strategy and enterprise, marketing communications and e-commerce, international marketing, legal and ethical frameworks, finance, environmental and technological change.
· research into markets and customer relationships with the ability to evaluate the development and operation of markets under conditions of uncertainty
· the development and impact of marketing information systems.
· manage self-development for transferable intellectual and practitioner capacities, both information-based and interpersonal, significant to personal career success.
The course is designed for those wishing to become marketing professionals and/or undertake research in academic, consultancy or commercial settings. Those already in Marketing roles and seeking a master's qualification in Marketing (rather than an MBA) will find great value in the course.
· Strategic Marketing Management
· Marketing Research and Insight
· Marketing Communications
· Financial Resources Management
Elective modules 選修課程
· International Marketing
· Consumer Behaviour
· Internet Marketing
· International Business Ethics
· Managing Retailing and e-tailing
· Political Marketing
Taught modules are assessed either wholly by coursework or by course work and formal examination.
Examinations normally feature in second term modules only. Dissertation research typically involves original research into a business and marketing policy problem or issue of the student's choice.